Will be at Ramlila once LS polls announced: Anna
Mumbai: Sharpening his attack on the Congress-led government at the Centre, Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he would launch a massive people`s movement once Lok Sabha elections were declared.
"I will tour the country and will be there at the Ramlila grounds once Lok Sabha elections are announced," he told a rally at the temple town of Shirdi, kicking off a statewide tour to drum up support for a strong Lokayukta bill.
Hazare accused Home Minister P Chidambaram of being responsible for the "conspiracy" to foil his Lokpal stir last year.
"I was produced before court saying peace would be disturbed. I refused bail. I said I am ready to go to jail. I went to Tihar jail," he said.
"A plane was ready at the Delhi airport. The plan was to bring me to Pune and then take me to Bhandardara," he said.
"When the home minister of a country plans such schemes, where will the country go? Had the Jan Lokpal been there, Chidambaram would have been in jail now," the anti-graft crusader said.
Those in the government don`t want to bring back black money stashed away abroad because many of them have deposited them in the foreign banks there, the 75-year-old leader said.
"If you fight for your country and get jailed, it`s a blessing," he said. "We will have to go to jail for the sake of our country. It is a matter of pride to go to jail for the country," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?