Will become slave of whoever proves me guilty: Asaram Bapu
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu has apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
The alleged remarks were made while reacting to the rape allegations made by a minor girl against Asaram.
Meanwhile, even as the victim’s family claims that the godman sexually assaulted their daughter at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city, Asaram today challenged anyone to prove that he had committed the crime. He said that he will give Rs 5 lakh to whoever proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
Asaram Bapu has been booked under Sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, Section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and Sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC