Will become slave of whoever proves me guilty: Asaram Bapu
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu has apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
The alleged remarks were made while reacting to the rape allegations made by a minor girl against Asaram.
Meanwhile, even as the victim’s family claims that the godman sexually assaulted their daughter at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city, Asaram today challenged anyone to prove that he had committed the crime. He said that he will give Rs 5 lakh to whoever proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
Asaram Bapu has been booked under Sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, Section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and Sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?