Will become slave of whoever proves me guilty: Asaram Bapu
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu has apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
The alleged remarks were made while reacting to the rape allegations made by a minor girl against Asaram.
Meanwhile, even as the victim’s family claims that the godman sexually assaulted their daughter at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city, Asaram today challenged anyone to prove that he had committed the crime. He said that he will give Rs 5 lakh to whoever proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
Asaram Bapu has been booked under Sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, Section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and Sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended