Will become slave of whoever proves me guilty: Asaram Bapu
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu has apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
The alleged remarks were made while reacting to the rape allegations made by a minor girl against Asaram.
Meanwhile, even as the victim’s family claims that the godman sexually assaulted their daughter at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city, Asaram today challenged anyone to prove that he had committed the crime. He said that he will give Rs 5 lakh to whoever proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
Asaram Bapu has been booked under Sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, Section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and Sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal