Will become slave of whoever proves me guilty: Asaram Bapu
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu has apologised for his spokesperson Neelam Dubey’s remarks on Guru Nanak which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
The alleged remarks were made while reacting to the rape allegations made by a minor girl against Asaram.
Meanwhile, even as the victim’s family claims that the godman sexually assaulted their daughter at his ashram in Rajasthan`s Jodhpur city, Asaram today challenged anyone to prove that he had committed the crime. He said that he will give Rs 5 lakh to whoever proves that the victim was sexually assaulted by him.
Asaram went on to say that he will become slave of the person who will provide evidence and prove him guilty of the crime.
Asaram Bapu has been booked under Sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, Section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and Sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders