Will BJP back Varun introducing Jan Lokpal: Cong
New Delhi: The Congress on Saturday asked the
opposition BJP whether it will support the Jan Lokpal Bill if
its MP Varun Gandhi introduces the legislation as a private
member`s bill in the Lok Sabha.
"I want to ask BJP a simple question, whether the party
or Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will extend their support if Varun
Gandhi introduces the bill as a private member`s bill in
Parliament," party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told
He, however, refused to comment on Naqvi`s demand for
calling a special session of Parliament to pass the Lokpal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'