Will sit at Ramlila maidan before 2014 polls: Anna
Pune: "Lokpal lao nahi to jao?" will be the refrain for the next phase of social activist Anna Hazare`s agitation for the Jan Lokpal Bill, till the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"We will wait for the passing of the bill till the current session of Parliament comes to an end in May. If it does not happen we will have another one and half year before the next general elections are held."
"I will sit at Ramlila maidan once the 2014 elections are declared with a slogan `"Lokpal lao nahi to jao`. As I start my agitation, people will pour in before me holding the tricolour," he told reporters at Ralegan-Siddhi today, marking completion of one year of the anti-corruption movement launched by him in the capital.
Hazare alleged that the government was "dilly-dallying" on the issue of Jan Lokpal bill at present because there are no immediate elections to he held.
They had agreed to constitute a joint committee to draft the bill because of the scheduled assembly polls in five states which were round the corner. However, Prime Minister changed his stand and the government failed to keep its word in Parliament on enactment of the bill, he claimed.
Hazare reiterated that he would undertake a country-wide tour to mobilise support for institution of the ombudsman.
He said he would not campaign against any particular party and urge the voters not to elect those who oppose the Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof