Woman molested on train discharged, sent to Darjeeling
Patna/Darjeeling: The woman passenger, who jumped off of an express train to save herself from molesters and got injured in Bihar`s Bhojpur district, was on Saturday discharged from hospital and taken home to Darjeeling.
"The woman was discharged from the Patna Medical College and Hospital and returned to Darjeeling with her father and a police team from Darjeeling. Her condition is normal," Inspector General of Police, Rail, Vinay Kumar told PTI here.
The woman had jumped off the Dibrugarh-Delhi Brahmaputra Express at Jagjivan Halt near Ara station on January 3 to escape from two molesters, one of whom has been arrested.
In Darjeeling, Superintendent of Police Kunal Agarwal said "We have sent an officer and two constables, including a lady constable, to Bihar to bring the injured woman back. They are accompanied by the father and brother of the victim.
"Though the language was a problem, the victim managed to inform the Bihar police that she was from Darjeeling and thus our counterparts from Bihar informed us. We spoke to the woman and got to know about her family," Agarwal said.
The SP said that the police learnt from her family that she had gone to Delhi in search of a job and had travelled there alone before.
The woman was a divorcee and has two sons aged five and 13. She was staying with her parents after separation from her husband a few years ago, police sources said.
Gorkha Janmukti Morcha executive member and GJM assistant secretary Binoy Tamang said "We have spoken to the West Bengal government and asked it to take care of getting the girl treated."
He said "We have spoken to the state home secretary and placed our demand for security to hills people travelling to other states as such incidents are increasing."
GJM chief Bimal Gurung condemned the molestation of the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir