`Won’t die till Rahul Gandhi becomes PM`
New Delhi: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, who recently faced flak for attacking Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav over his alleged links with terrorists, has said that he would not die till his dream of seeing Rahul Gandhi becoming the country’s Prime Minister is fulfilled.
The Steel Minister made this remarks on Sunday while addressing Congress workers in his Gonda constituency on the occasion of Ambedkar birth anniversary.
Verma, who was in the SP’s line of fire till he apologized for attacking Mulayam Singh Yadav, was quoted as saying, “No force on earth can stop Rahul Gandhi from being made the prime minister, and I won`t die till I fulfill that dream."
Verma had earlier said that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi has "good potential" to become the Prime Minister of the country.
"Rahul Gandhi has good potential. He has feelings for the poor... We have Rahul Gandhi as our prime ministerial candidate," Verma said on a previous occasion.
On the issue of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi emerging as a strong contender as an NDA candidate for the prime minister`s post, the minister was quoted as saying, "Modi`s agenda is against Muslims... BJP cannot decide on their prime ministerial candidate."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India