`Won’t die till Rahul Gandhi becomes PM`
New Delhi: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, who recently faced flak for attacking Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav over his alleged links with terrorists, has said that he would not die till his dream of seeing Rahul Gandhi becoming the country’s Prime Minister is fulfilled.
The Steel Minister made this remarks on Sunday while addressing Congress workers in his Gonda constituency on the occasion of Ambedkar birth anniversary.
Verma, who was in the SP’s line of fire till he apologized for attacking Mulayam Singh Yadav, was quoted as saying, “No force on earth can stop Rahul Gandhi from being made the prime minister, and I won`t die till I fulfill that dream."
Verma had earlier said that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi has "good potential" to become the Prime Minister of the country.
"Rahul Gandhi has good potential. He has feelings for the poor... We have Rahul Gandhi as our prime ministerial candidate," Verma said on a previous occasion.
On the issue of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi emerging as a strong contender as an NDA candidate for the prime minister`s post, the minister was quoted as saying, "Modi`s agenda is against Muslims... BJP cannot decide on their prime ministerial candidate."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery