Worried about Aarushi case, want justice for her: Speaker
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Friday said she was "worried" about the recent developments in the Aarushi Talwar murder case and that she wanted the victim
to get justice.
"This is a important issue. We are worried about it...that a child was murdered and why she is not getting justice... we should think seriously," Meira Kumar told reporters when pressed for a reaction on the recent developments in the unsolved murder case.
She asserted that Aarushi and others like her "should get justice".
Two days ago, CBI filed a closure report in a court on the ground there was no available evidence at the crime scene to pursue the probe, a move which invited a lot of criticism.
Talwar, a school student and her domestic help Hemraj were found brutally murdered in 2008 by unidentified persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured