Worried about Aarushi case, want justice for her: Speaker
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Friday said she was "worried" about the recent developments in the Aarushi Talwar murder case and that she wanted the victim
to get justice.
"This is a important issue. We are worried about it...that a child was murdered and why she is not getting justice... we should think seriously," Meira Kumar told reporters when pressed for a reaction on the recent developments in the unsolved murder case.
She asserted that Aarushi and others like her "should get justice".
Two days ago, CBI filed a closure report in a court on the ground there was no available evidence at the crime scene to pursue the probe, a move which invited a lot of criticism.
Talwar, a school student and her domestic help Hemraj were found brutally murdered in 2008 by unidentified persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32