Worried about Aarushi case, want justice for her: Speaker
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Friday said she was "worried" about the recent developments in the Aarushi Talwar murder case and that she wanted the victim
to get justice.
"This is a important issue. We are worried about it...that a child was murdered and why she is not getting justice... we should think seriously," Meira Kumar told reporters when pressed for a reaction on the recent developments in the unsolved murder case.
She asserted that Aarushi and others like her "should get justice".
Two days ago, CBI filed a closure report in a court on the ground there was no available evidence at the crime scene to pursue the probe, a move which invited a lot of criticism.
Talwar, a school student and her domestic help Hemraj were found brutally murdered in 2008 by unidentified persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore