Canada arrests first suspected Heartbleed hacker
Washington: A Canadian cyber crime unit has arrested a 19-year-old Ontario teen for allegedly hacking into the country`s tax agency using the Heartbleed Internet security bug.
Stephen Arthuro Solis-Reyes has been held responsible for the Heartbleed-assisted breach at the Canadian Revenue Agency, which compromised the personal data of more than 900 citizens, after five days of investigation.
The official charges are `unauthorized use of a computer` and `mischief in relation to data,` the Verge reports.
According to the report, the attack took place on Friday, after the Heartbleed bug was made public, and as a result, attackers were able to pull random snippets of data from the server`s working memory, including sensitive financial information.
The service was shut down as a result, and the government said it is still in the process of notifying all the Canadian citizens affected by the breach, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch