Canada arrests first suspected Heartbleed hacker
Washington: A Canadian cyber crime unit has arrested a 19-year-old Ontario teen for allegedly hacking into the country`s tax agency using the Heartbleed Internet security bug.
Stephen Arthuro Solis-Reyes has been held responsible for the Heartbleed-assisted breach at the Canadian Revenue Agency, which compromised the personal data of more than 900 citizens, after five days of investigation.
The official charges are `unauthorized use of a computer` and `mischief in relation to data,` the Verge reports.
According to the report, the attack took place on Friday, after the Heartbleed bug was made public, and as a result, attackers were able to pull random snippets of data from the server`s working memory, including sensitive financial information.
The service was shut down as a result, and the government said it is still in the process of notifying all the Canadian citizens affected by the breach, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29