Canada arrests first suspected Heartbleed hacker
Washington: A Canadian cyber crime unit has arrested a 19-year-old Ontario teen for allegedly hacking into the country`s tax agency using the Heartbleed Internet security bug.
Stephen Arthuro Solis-Reyes has been held responsible for the Heartbleed-assisted breach at the Canadian Revenue Agency, which compromised the personal data of more than 900 citizens, after five days of investigation.
The official charges are `unauthorized use of a computer` and `mischief in relation to data,` the Verge reports.
According to the report, the attack took place on Friday, after the Heartbleed bug was made public, and as a result, attackers were able to pull random snippets of data from the server`s working memory, including sensitive financial information.
The service was shut down as a result, and the government said it is still in the process of notifying all the Canadian citizens affected by the breach, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre