Canada arrests first suspected Heartbleed hacker
Washington: A Canadian cyber crime unit has arrested a 19-year-old Ontario teen for allegedly hacking into the country`s tax agency using the Heartbleed Internet security bug.
Stephen Arthuro Solis-Reyes has been held responsible for the Heartbleed-assisted breach at the Canadian Revenue Agency, which compromised the personal data of more than 900 citizens, after five days of investigation.
The official charges are `unauthorized use of a computer` and `mischief in relation to data,` the Verge reports.
According to the report, the attack took place on Friday, after the Heartbleed bug was made public, and as a result, attackers were able to pull random snippets of data from the server`s working memory, including sensitive financial information.
The service was shut down as a result, and the government said it is still in the process of notifying all the Canadian citizens affected by the breach, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why