Edward Snowden becomes comic book hero
Washington: NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has become a comic book hero.
The life of Snowden has turned into a comic book, namely Beyond: Edward Snowden, which will be released in digital and print formats on May 21st.
The book charts the life of Snowden and explores his reasoning for leaking thousands of classified government documents.
According to the Verge, author Valerie D`Orazio said the comic was originally conceived as a straight biography, but it became more of a drama as the story came together.
The book starts with Snowden as a 19-year-old high school dropout, working for a small company that sells anime and manga products.
The character then considers whether he should be considered a whistleblower or a pawn used by the Russian government for his actions, the report said.
D`Orazio, who has worked at DC Comics and written X-Men and Punisher titles for Marvel, said Snowden`s story was an ideal bridge between geek culture and the mainstream, as `he came from geek culture himself,` the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand