Edward Snowden becomes comic book hero
Washington: NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has become a comic book hero.
The life of Snowden has turned into a comic book, namely Beyond: Edward Snowden, which will be released in digital and print formats on May 21st.
The book charts the life of Snowden and explores his reasoning for leaking thousands of classified government documents.
According to the Verge, author Valerie D`Orazio said the comic was originally conceived as a straight biography, but it became more of a drama as the story came together.
The book starts with Snowden as a 19-year-old high school dropout, working for a small company that sells anime and manga products.
The character then considers whether he should be considered a whistleblower or a pawn used by the Russian government for his actions, the report said.
D`Orazio, who has worked at DC Comics and written X-Men and Punisher titles for Marvel, said Snowden`s story was an ideal bridge between geek culture and the mainstream, as `he came from geek culture himself,` the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption