EU mulls safer internet for kids
Brussels: Members of the European Parliament have called for coordinated action at the European level to further shield children from violent and pornographic content in an ever-changing digital and online world.
In a resolution passed by the parliament`s culture committee here Tuesday, the parliamentarians recommended relevant institutions to further coordinate in reporting illegal content, and working with the police and juvenile justice systems among others, reported Xinhua.
An increasing number of children, in Europe and elsewhere, are getting used to surfing on the Internet via smart phones, personal computers and other electronics, while in the same time also being exposed to potential risks and misleading information.
The resolution, to be scheduled for a plenary vote next month, also encourages technical measures such as filtering inappropriate information and setting up parental control systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report