Facebook founder`s fan page hacked
San Francisco: The fan page of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has been hacked by a mystery invader who posted a message decrying the company`s attempts to cash in on its hugely successful site.
Facebook declined to comment on the embarrassing security snafu, but did take down the compromised page.
"Let the hacking begin: If Facebook needs money, instead of going to the banks, why doesn`t Facebook let its users invest in Facebook in a social way?" said the message, posted just days after Facebook confirmed that it had raised $1.5 billion from global investors at a valuation of around $50 billion.
"Why not transform Facebook into a `social business` the way Nobel Prize winner Muhammad Yunus described it?" the message continued, referring to the founder of the Grameen Bank which has transformed millions of lives by extending micro-loans to poor people.
Zuckerberg`s fan page has more than three million followers and is probably managed by media assistants to the social networking magnate, according to cyber-security experts.
The hackers may have stolen control of the page by guessing the password, sniffing it out over unsecured wireless networks, tricking Zuckerberg or the account manager into revealing it, or even surreptitiously gaining control of their computer.
"We don`t know how the hack was perpetrated," said Paul Ducklin, head of technology at internet security firm Sophos. "Whatever happened in this case, it raises one more tough question: do you still trust Facebook with your online persona?"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory