Facebook introduces auto captioning for video ads
New Delhi: Facebook has introduced a new tool for its users.The social networking giant on Wednesday introduced automated captioning for sound-off videos, among other features.
The new tool generates captions for video ads and delivers them to the advertiser within the ad creation tool to review, edit and save to their video ad.
"Creatively, mobile video draws on the craft skills and experience we have developed as an industry building for film, TV and the traditional web and compresses them into a new form designed to immediately connect with an audience," Mark D'Arcy, chief creative officer, creative shop of Facebook, said in a statement.
The other updates include reporting and buying options for video ads.
Advertisers will now be able to see the percentage of people who have viewed their videos with sound globally.
A research by Facebook found that 80% of people react negatively when feed-based mobile video ads play loudly, blaming the platform and the advertiser.
By including captions, advertisers can increase video view time by an average of 12 percent, the findings showed.
"Numerous studies and campaigns have made it clear that capturing people's attention at the very beginning of a video is the most effective way to advertise in a mobile feed environment," Matt Idema, vice president, monetization product marketing at Facebook, said.
"Video advertisers that tailor their creative with visuals that get people to stop scrolling and watch will drive the best business results on Facebook," Idema added.
The social network giant alsoplans to launch new reporting metrics that will help advertisers see the percentage of people who have viewed their videos.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling