Facebook launches free calling for iPhone users
Washington: Facebook has rolled out a free calling feature in its Messenger app for the iPhone.
The feature, which was released in Canada a few weeks ago, will let iPhone users make free calls to other iPhone users who are using the Messenger app. One cannot use the feature to make calls on landline or cell phone numbers.
According to a English news website, in the app, select a friend, then the "i" icon in the upper right hand corner, and you will then see a "Free Call" option.
Facebook confirmed that users will not have to update the app for this feature, as it will automatically appear for those who already have the app.
As with Skype or other mobile VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) services, you can make the calls over Wi-Fi or a 3G, 4G or LTE connection.
This is just one of many mobile announcements Facebook has made in the past few months.
According to the report, it upgraded both its iPhone and Android apps to make them faster and it released a new Poke app, which destroys messages 10 seconds or less after you look at them.
Facebook didn`t make a big announcement about the voice calling service, but it`s a very big move for the social networking company, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon