Facebook to launch music service
New York: Social network Facebook will launch a new music service on its website in partnership with other online music services, a media report said.
The launch is likely to be announced at a conference in August, Xinhua reported citing US media.
Technology blog GigaOM said users will find a new tab called Music in the left-hand column on their pages, right where Facebook lists Photos, Friends, Deals etc., and clicking on the new tab will open a page called Music Dashboard.
The dashboard will feature friends` recommended songs, top songs, top albums and a "happening now" ticker that shows songs friends are playing.
The blog said Facebook had reached a partnership with European music streaming service Spotify, which is gearing up to enter the US market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?