Facebook to launch music service
New York: Social network Facebook will launch a new music service on its website in partnership with other online music services, a media report said.
The launch is likely to be announced at a conference in August, Xinhua reported citing US media.
Technology blog GigaOM said users will find a new tab called Music in the left-hand column on their pages, right where Facebook lists Photos, Friends, Deals etc., and clicking on the new tab will open a page called Music Dashboard.
The dashboard will feature friends` recommended songs, top songs, top albums and a "happening now" ticker that shows songs friends are playing.
The blog said Facebook had reached a partnership with European music streaming service Spotify, which is gearing up to enter the US market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi