Facebook to launch music service
New York: Social network Facebook will launch a new music service on its website in partnership with other online music services, a media report said.
The launch is likely to be announced at a conference in August, Xinhua reported citing US media.
Technology blog GigaOM said users will find a new tab called Music in the left-hand column on their pages, right where Facebook lists Photos, Friends, Deals etc., and clicking on the new tab will open a page called Music Dashboard.
The dashboard will feature friends` recommended songs, top songs, top albums and a "happening now" ticker that shows songs friends are playing.
The blog said Facebook had reached a partnership with European music streaming service Spotify, which is gearing up to enter the US market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference