Gmail`s designer explains why `Contacts` are so bad
Washington: Original designer of Google`s Gmail, has reportedly taken the blame on himself for the Contacts section in the service being so bad.
Former Director of Platform at Twitter, Ryan Sarver had sought an explanation on the microblogging site as to why the Contacts on Gmail were so bad despite contacts/identity being so important to G strategy.
To this, Google`s senior design lead between 2003 and 2008, Kevin Fox , replied that he is to be blamed for the much-derided contacts manager, as his team just didn`t have the time to completely finish the project before going live to the public, The Verge reports.
Fox explained that contacts were low on Google`s priority list for Gmail launch features and, moreover, they`ve been `sidelined ever since.`
The report said that Gmail is now nearly a decade old, having opened its beta service in April of 2004, but its terrible contacts manager is yet to improve for the better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu