Gmail`s designer explains why `Contacts` are so bad
Washington: Original designer of Google`s Gmail, has reportedly taken the blame on himself for the Contacts section in the service being so bad.
Former Director of Platform at Twitter, Ryan Sarver had sought an explanation on the microblogging site as to why the Contacts on Gmail were so bad despite contacts/identity being so important to G strategy.
To this, Google`s senior design lead between 2003 and 2008, Kevin Fox , replied that he is to be blamed for the much-derided contacts manager, as his team just didn`t have the time to completely finish the project before going live to the public, The Verge reports.
Fox explained that contacts were low on Google`s priority list for Gmail launch features and, moreover, they`ve been `sidelined ever since.`
The report said that Gmail is now nearly a decade old, having opened its beta service in April of 2004, but its terrible contacts manager is yet to improve for the better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar