Gmail`s designer explains why `Contacts` are so bad
Washington: Original designer of Google`s Gmail, has reportedly taken the blame on himself for the Contacts section in the service being so bad.
Former Director of Platform at Twitter, Ryan Sarver had sought an explanation on the microblogging site as to why the Contacts on Gmail were so bad despite contacts/identity being so important to G strategy.
To this, Google`s senior design lead between 2003 and 2008, Kevin Fox , replied that he is to be blamed for the much-derided contacts manager, as his team just didn`t have the time to completely finish the project before going live to the public, The Verge reports.
Fox explained that contacts were low on Google`s priority list for Gmail launch features and, moreover, they`ve been `sidelined ever since.`
The report said that Gmail is now nearly a decade old, having opened its beta service in April of 2004, but its terrible contacts manager is yet to improve for the better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'