Gmail`s designer explains why `Contacts` are so bad
Washington: Original designer of Google`s Gmail, has reportedly taken the blame on himself for the Contacts section in the service being so bad.
Former Director of Platform at Twitter, Ryan Sarver had sought an explanation on the microblogging site as to why the Contacts on Gmail were so bad despite contacts/identity being so important to G strategy.
To this, Google`s senior design lead between 2003 and 2008, Kevin Fox , replied that he is to be blamed for the much-derided contacts manager, as his team just didn`t have the time to completely finish the project before going live to the public, The Verge reports.
Fox explained that contacts were low on Google`s priority list for Gmail launch features and, moreover, they`ve been `sidelined ever since.`
The report said that Gmail is now nearly a decade old, having opened its beta service in April of 2004, but its terrible contacts manager is yet to improve for the better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!