Gmail`s designer explains why `Contacts` are so bad
Washington: Original designer of Google`s Gmail, has reportedly taken the blame on himself for the Contacts section in the service being so bad.
Former Director of Platform at Twitter, Ryan Sarver had sought an explanation on the microblogging site as to why the Contacts on Gmail were so bad despite contacts/identity being so important to G strategy.
To this, Google`s senior design lead between 2003 and 2008, Kevin Fox , replied that he is to be blamed for the much-derided contacts manager, as his team just didn`t have the time to completely finish the project before going live to the public, The Verge reports.
Fox explained that contacts were low on Google`s priority list for Gmail launch features and, moreover, they`ve been `sidelined ever since.`
The report said that Gmail is now nearly a decade old, having opened its beta service in April of 2004, but its terrible contacts manager is yet to improve for the better.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!