Google doodle remembers Uncle Pai
New Delhi: Google`s homepage Saturday paid homage to Anant V. Pai, who introduced Indian culture and tradition to millions of his countrymen through his Amar Chitra Katha comic series.
doodle showed Pai, popularly known as `Uncle Pai`, surrounded by stacks of his comics.
Born Sep 17, 1929, Pai, a chemical engineer by training, was deeply interested in the Vedas, Puranas and other ancient Indian literature, besides religious, cultural studies and languages.
Frail but active, Pai died following a heart attack in Mumbai Feb 24 at the age of 81.
Google doodles have now become the hallmark for commemorating events ranging from birth and death anniversaries to historical milestones.
According to the website, over 900 doodles have been created since 1998, with the maximum 150 this year so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet