Google doodle remembers Uncle Pai
New Delhi: Google`s homepage Saturday paid homage to Anant V. Pai, who introduced Indian culture and tradition to millions of his countrymen through his Amar Chitra Katha comic series.
doodle showed Pai, popularly known as `Uncle Pai`, surrounded by stacks of his comics.
Born Sep 17, 1929, Pai, a chemical engineer by training, was deeply interested in the Vedas, Puranas and other ancient Indian literature, besides religious, cultural studies and languages.
Frail but active, Pai died following a heart attack in Mumbai Feb 24 at the age of 81.
Google doodles have now become the hallmark for commemorating events ranging from birth and death anniversaries to historical milestones.
According to the website, over 900 doodles have been created since 1998, with the maximum 150 this year so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh