Google launches `Start Searching India` campaign
Chandigarh: Google India today launched a campaign which is aimed at simplifying the web for the country`s internet users.
"The objective of the campaign is to help simplify the Web for Indian users, showing how they can get instant answers to their most common queries," Sandeep Menon, Director, Marketing, Google India, said here.
He said that as more Indians come online for the first time, they are increasingly looking for convenient ways to find information on the web.
"Whether it is to find out about the weather, checking flight status, or even looking for a restaurant for dinner date, Google Search can give users instant answers to these common queries in the form of information cards that appear above search results," he said.
With more and more Indians surfing the internet using their mobile phones, Menon said, "today the next billion users are making the leap from no internet to mobile internet, without ever having used a desktop computer."
Terming the youth of the city net-savvy, he said, "it is in fact quite fascinating to see an overwhelming response from the youth dominated Chandigarh populace who have readily embraced the technology in their lifestyle. Chandigarh is believed to be one of the top cities when it comes to internet usage. It is great to know that cities like Chandigarh are using Google Search for their smallest of requirements."
Menon also touched upon the top Search trends that majority of people including Chandigarh search for most using Google Trends.
"From Education to travel to yoga, these are the top searches," he said, adding that Google Trends is a tool that shows what people are searching for in a country or in a given period of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says