How to keep your kids safe online!
Here are a few tips to keep your little ones safer online.
New Delhi: Internet safety is a growing concerns among parents in the wake of rising cyber crimes. With mobile devices and other electronic gadgets providing easy access to the entire world nowadays, children are spending most of their times on these gadgets sharing information online without realising the potential risks.
Teaching them about the risks associated with the Internet is parents' job – be it viruses, online privacy, phishing, social networking etiquette, and any other internet safety and/or security issues. Doing so can be hugely beneficial for your child and even for you as well.
Here are a few tips to keep your little ones safer online:
- Make sure that you discuss online safety with your children at an early age or as soon as they start doing anything that involves with the Internet. Talk to them about the technology as a whole even before they start using it.
- Don't think that they are too young to know about it.
- Help them create a sensible password, explaining them the importance of having different passwords for each account and the possible conswquences of not doing so.
- Set rules and restrictions such as - on when to use Internet or be online.
- Engage with your children as soon as they are on social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Tell them to avoid having conversation with strangers online just like they wouldn't do it in the real world.
- Never let your children browse unaccompanied. Keep the wifi access code to yourself or look for something that blocks your kids' devices to help monitor your children overall activity.