Incredible India campaign to be linked with Facebook
New Delhi: Harping on the growing trend of social media marketing, Tourism Ministry has decided to open an Incredible India page on the Facebook as part of an aggressive campaign showcasing Indian destinations.
"We have undertaken steps to connect with masses through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube," said a senior ministry official.
Recently the ministry has launched the websites of Atithidevo Bhava and Clean India campaign.
These two websites are now linked with Facebook, said the official adding "work is going on to open an Incredible India page in the social networking site."
The Atithidevo Bhava campaign was launched three years ago to check incidents of harassment of tourists by auto drivers, shopkeepers and touts at railway stations, airports and tourist places.
Film star Aamir Khan was made the brand ambassador of the Atithidevo Bhava campaign to create awareness about the issue.
The Ministry has recently launched Clean India campaign to keep the tourist spots including monuments clean.
By linking these two sites with the Facebook, we have tried to establish a direct contact with masses and make the campaign more visible, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand