Incredible India campaign to be linked with Facebook
New Delhi: Harping on the growing trend of social media marketing, Tourism Ministry has decided to open an Incredible India page on the Facebook as part of an aggressive campaign showcasing Indian destinations.
"We have undertaken steps to connect with masses through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube," said a senior ministry official.
Recently the ministry has launched the websites of Atithidevo Bhava and Clean India campaign.
These two websites are now linked with Facebook, said the official adding "work is going on to open an Incredible India page in the social networking site."
The Atithidevo Bhava campaign was launched three years ago to check incidents of harassment of tourists by auto drivers, shopkeepers and touts at railway stations, airports and tourist places.
Film star Aamir Khan was made the brand ambassador of the Atithidevo Bhava campaign to create awareness about the issue.
The Ministry has recently launched Clean India campaign to keep the tourist spots including monuments clean.
By linking these two sites with the Facebook, we have tried to establish a direct contact with masses and make the campaign more visible, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY