Incredible India campaign to be linked with Facebook
New Delhi: Harping on the growing trend of social media marketing, Tourism Ministry has decided to open an Incredible India page on the Facebook as part of an aggressive campaign showcasing Indian destinations.
"We have undertaken steps to connect with masses through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube," said a senior ministry official.
Recently the ministry has launched the websites of Atithidevo Bhava and Clean India campaign.
These two websites are now linked with Facebook, said the official adding "work is going on to open an Incredible India page in the social networking site."
The Atithidevo Bhava campaign was launched three years ago to check incidents of harassment of tourists by auto drivers, shopkeepers and touts at railway stations, airports and tourist places.
Film star Aamir Khan was made the brand ambassador of the Atithidevo Bhava campaign to create awareness about the issue.
The Ministry has recently launched Clean India campaign to keep the tourist spots including monuments clean.
By linking these two sites with the Facebook, we have tried to establish a direct contact with masses and make the campaign more visible, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II