Instagram hit with `miracle fruit diet` spam
Washington: Photo sharing app Instagram was reportedly hit with `miracle fruit diet` spam when users` accounts were hacked and photos of fruits were posted.
According to the Fox News, the spam hit the service in the weekend and along with the food photos a link to a fake BBC page was also posted promoting ` miracle fruit diet`.
One of the photo descriptions read, `I saw it on Dr Oz`s show! Link is in my bio #lovemyfollowers #health`, which was clicked on more than 35,000 times.
Instagram spokesperson said that the users experienced problem when unwanted photos were posted from their accounts adding that Instagram`s security and spam team quickly took actions to secure the accounts involved, and the posted photos were being deleted.
It is unclear if he attack on Twitter with a similar `miracle diet` is linked to attacks on Instagram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state