iPad Mini 2 ‘with retina display’ on its way: Report
Washington: Tech giant Apple, which is yet to release its much awaited iPad mini, has already started working on an upgraded version of the computer tablet that would feature ‘retina display’, sources have claimed.
Sources in Apple`s supply chain supposedly told DoNews that AU Optronics, the company that currently supplies the display panels for the iPad mini, is working on a new 2048 x 1536 Retina display for the iPad mini 2.
Mashable quoted sources, as saying that Apple will be using Sharp’s IGZO technology in the second-generation iPad mini.
This technology would allow the tablet’s display to be thinner and more power efficient while still maintaining excellent color and brightness.
According to the report, the iPad mini 2 is rumored to be going into production late this year, with a launch in the Fall of 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued