iPad Mini 2 ‘with retina display’ on its way: Report
Washington: Tech giant Apple, which is yet to release its much awaited iPad mini, has already started working on an upgraded version of the computer tablet that would feature ‘retina display’, sources have claimed.
Sources in Apple`s supply chain supposedly told DoNews that AU Optronics, the company that currently supplies the display panels for the iPad mini, is working on a new 2048 x 1536 Retina display for the iPad mini 2.
Mashable quoted sources, as saying that Apple will be using Sharp’s IGZO technology in the second-generation iPad mini.
This technology would allow the tablet’s display to be thinner and more power efficient while still maintaining excellent color and brightness.
According to the report, the iPad mini 2 is rumored to be going into production late this year, with a launch in the Fall of 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez