iPad Mini 2 ‘with retina display’ on its way: Report
Washington: Tech giant Apple, which is yet to release its much awaited iPad mini, has already started working on an upgraded version of the computer tablet that would feature ‘retina display’, sources have claimed.
Sources in Apple`s supply chain supposedly told DoNews that AU Optronics, the company that currently supplies the display panels for the iPad mini, is working on a new 2048 x 1536 Retina display for the iPad mini 2.
Mashable quoted sources, as saying that Apple will be using Sharp’s IGZO technology in the second-generation iPad mini.
This technology would allow the tablet’s display to be thinner and more power efficient while still maintaining excellent color and brightness.
According to the report, the iPad mini 2 is rumored to be going into production late this year, with a launch in the Fall of 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says