J&K Govt to use Google Earth to check illegal constructions
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Government will use Google Earth to keep a tab on illegal constructions in twin capital cities of Jammu and Srinagar.
"There is a menace of encroachments and illegal constructions. To monitor illegal constructions in the state, help of the Google (Earth) application will be sought," Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said here today.
"We can track these violations in Srinagar while sitting in Jammu just at a click on the mouse," he said, launching e-governance facility in Municipalities of the state.
He said the government is committed to promoting transparency at all levels in government departments and e-governance is a vital tool for the purpose.
The DCM said the aim of the initiative is to ensure availability of municipal services like building permission, birth certificate, birth and death registration, e-tendering and public grievance on web portal of the department so as to encourage transparency and efficiency in working of the municipalities.
"Our aim is to provide a transparent and people friendly administration, and initiatives like Public Service Guarantee Act (PSGA) and e-governance will go a long way is providing prompt and efficient administration to the people", Chand said.
He said that tools of IT would also be used to check the master plan violations and ensure that no illegal constructions take place in the cities and all development is in tune with the provisions of the master plan.
He said the government has also started the process of master plan revision for Jammu and Srinagar cities and new master plans are being formulated for several other towns.
"Once the draft gets ready the same would be discussed with all the stakeholders and would be adopted after necessary deliberations," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!