J&K Govt to use Google Earth to check illegal constructions
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Government will use Google Earth to keep a tab on illegal constructions in twin capital cities of Jammu and Srinagar.
"There is a menace of encroachments and illegal constructions. To monitor illegal constructions in the state, help of the Google (Earth) application will be sought," Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said here today.
"We can track these violations in Srinagar while sitting in Jammu just at a click on the mouse," he said, launching e-governance facility in Municipalities of the state.
He said the government is committed to promoting transparency at all levels in government departments and e-governance is a vital tool for the purpose.
The DCM said the aim of the initiative is to ensure availability of municipal services like building permission, birth certificate, birth and death registration, e-tendering and public grievance on web portal of the department so as to encourage transparency and efficiency in working of the municipalities.
"Our aim is to provide a transparent and people friendly administration, and initiatives like Public Service Guarantee Act (PSGA) and e-governance will go a long way is providing prompt and efficient administration to the people", Chand said.
He said that tools of IT would also be used to check the master plan violations and ensure that no illegal constructions take place in the cities and all development is in tune with the provisions of the master plan.
He said the government has also started the process of master plan revision for Jammu and Srinagar cities and new master plans are being formulated for several other towns.
"Once the draft gets ready the same would be discussed with all the stakeholders and would be adopted after necessary deliberations," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read