Microsoft adds local bargains to Bing results
New York: Microsoft on Thursday added local bargains to results served up with mobile and desktop versions of its Bing Internet search engine in the United States.
Bing incorporate offers by startups including Groupon and Living Social that alert users to deals at shops, restaurants or other nearby businesses, according to a blog post by Andy Chu of the Bing team.
"Calling all bargain hunters, deal lovers, Groupon groupies and Living Social fanatics!" Chu wrote. "Things just got easier."
Bing added the localized bargain results under a "deals" search filter option. Deals sifts through more than 200,000 offers in more than 14,000 cities and towns across the United States, according to Chu.
Founded in 2008, Chicago-based Groupon offers discounts to its members on retail goods and services, offering one localized deal a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video