Microsoft adds local bargains to Bing results
New York: Microsoft on Thursday added local bargains to results served up with mobile and desktop versions of its Bing Internet search engine in the United States.
Bing incorporate offers by startups including Groupon and Living Social that alert users to deals at shops, restaurants or other nearby businesses, according to a blog post by Andy Chu of the Bing team.
"Calling all bargain hunters, deal lovers, Groupon groupies and Living Social fanatics!" Chu wrote. "Things just got easier."
Bing added the localized bargain results under a "deals" search filter option. Deals sifts through more than 200,000 offers in more than 14,000 cities and towns across the United States, according to Chu.
Founded in 2008, Chicago-based Groupon offers discounts to its members on retail goods and services, offering one localized deal a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic