Microsoft adds local bargains to Bing results
New York: Microsoft on Thursday added local bargains to results served up with mobile and desktop versions of its Bing Internet search engine in the United States.
Bing incorporate offers by startups including Groupon and Living Social that alert users to deals at shops, restaurants or other nearby businesses, according to a blog post by Andy Chu of the Bing team.
"Calling all bargain hunters, deal lovers, Groupon groupies and Living Social fanatics!" Chu wrote. "Things just got easier."
Bing added the localized bargain results under a "deals" search filter option. Deals sifts through more than 200,000 offers in more than 14,000 cities and towns across the United States, according to Chu.
Founded in 2008, Chicago-based Groupon offers discounts to its members on retail goods and services, offering one localized deal a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi