Monopoly fans to decide own `house rules` on Facebook
Washington: Hasbro is reportedly letting Facebook users decide the "house rules" of Monopoly in an attempt to bring back the lost popularity of the game.
The game company is coming up with " house rules" edition of the board game that will allow Monopoly fans to play with their own rules.
According to the Verge, from April 3 onward, Facebook users will be free to vote for a different house rule for the next ten days, featured on the Monopoly Facebook page.
While the options available will include things like freezing assets so that one does not earn rent money while in jail, or forcing players to go around the board once before they can actually start buying property, new rules will also be featured in the main Monopoly game guide starting next year.
Meanwhile, the company also said that the official Monopoly rules will not change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH