Objectionable content suit: Delhi court exempts Yahoo Inc
New Delhi: US-based Internet giant Yahoo
Inc, accused of hosting allegedly objectionable content on its
site, today got relief from a Delhi court which removed it
from the list of accused parties.
Administrative Civil Judge (ACJ) Praveen Singh allowed
the application of Yahoo Inc for removing its name from the
list of accused websites after Santosh Pandey, counsel for
plantiff Mufti Aijas Arshad Quasmi, gave his no objection to
The company, in its application, had told the court that
there was no defamatory material posted on its website and
that no case was made out against it.
It had also submitted that Yahoo India has already been
discharged by the court for lack of any case aganist the
Meanwhile, the court asked the complainant`s counsel to
give a clarification regarding duplication of names of the
accused websites by April 10, the next date of hearing.
The judge asked him to remove all improper parties from
his plaint so that the case can proceed against proper
Earlier last month, the court had dropped Yahoo India and
Microsoft from the case saying no case was made out against
The court had also imposed a fine on the plaintiff for
filing a frivolous petition.
Mufti Aijas Arshad Quasmi had moved the court against
Yahoo, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Orkut, Youtube, Blogspot,
Zombie Time, Exboii, Boardreader, IMC India, My Lot, Shyni
Blog and Topix and others for hosting allegedly objectionable
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in