`Over 100 govt websites hacked in 3 months`
New Delhi: A total of 112 government websites belonging to various state government agencies, Planning Commission and Finance Ministry were hacked in the three- month period ending February 2012, Parliament was informed today.
"During the period December 2011 to February 2012, a total number of 112 government websites were hacked," Minister of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
These hacked websites belonged to the agencies in the government of Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Kerala, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh, Sikkim and Manipur, he added.
It also included agencies of Ministry of Finance, Health, Planning Commission and Humar Resource Development.
The website of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd was hacked on December 4, 2011 by the `H4tr!ck` hacker group, Pilot said.
The Minister added that the number of Internet frauds involving Rs 1 lakh and above have declined over the last three years from 269 cases in 2009 to 125 cases in 2011.
"However, after taking into account the Internet frauds wherein the amount involved in individual cases is less than Rs 1 lakh, the total number of Internet frauds were 864
involving Rs 824.05 lakh, 2,232 cases involving Rs 1,234.94 lakh and 1,798 cases involving Rs 787.39 lakh for the calendar year 2009, 2010 and 2011, respectively," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert