Overstock begins accepting Bitcoins in payment
Washington: Online retailer Overstock has reportedly started accepting virtual currency Bitcoins as a form of payment.
Overstock has partnered with Bitcoin platform Coinbase to enable bitcoin payments on Overstock.com.
According to Mashable, shoppers can shop as usual on the site and in at the checkout page can choose "Pay with Bitcoin" and the order would be completed using the shopper`s Coinbase account or Bitcoin address.
However, Bitcoin payments have been currently made available only for shoppers from the US, and orders paid with bitcoins cannot be combined with other forms of payment.
China`s central bank has prohibited financial institutions in the country from processing the virtual currency transactions.
The price of bitcoins recently reached 1,000 dollars for the first time since mid-December last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees