Overstock begins accepting Bitcoins in payment
Washington: Online retailer Overstock has reportedly started accepting virtual currency Bitcoins as a form of payment.
Overstock has partnered with Bitcoin platform Coinbase to enable bitcoin payments on Overstock.com.
According to Mashable, shoppers can shop as usual on the site and in at the checkout page can choose "Pay with Bitcoin" and the order would be completed using the shopper`s Coinbase account or Bitcoin address.
However, Bitcoin payments have been currently made available only for shoppers from the US, and orders paid with bitcoins cannot be combined with other forms of payment.
China`s central bank has prohibited financial institutions in the country from processing the virtual currency transactions.
The price of bitcoins recently reached 1,000 dollars for the first time since mid-December last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss