Overstock begins accepting Bitcoins in payment
Washington: Online retailer Overstock has reportedly started accepting virtual currency Bitcoins as a form of payment.
Overstock has partnered with Bitcoin platform Coinbase to enable bitcoin payments on Overstock.com.
According to Mashable, shoppers can shop as usual on the site and in at the checkout page can choose "Pay with Bitcoin" and the order would be completed using the shopper`s Coinbase account or Bitcoin address.
However, Bitcoin payments have been currently made available only for shoppers from the US, and orders paid with bitcoins cannot be combined with other forms of payment.
China`s central bank has prohibited financial institutions in the country from processing the virtual currency transactions.
The price of bitcoins recently reached 1,000 dollars for the first time since mid-December last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what