Transparency of Internet data important: Bob Kahn
Kollam: Transparency and accessibility of data is important for the Internet to thrive in the future, Bob Kahn, co-founder of the Internet, said here today.
He was participating in an online interaction with the participants of the three-day international conference on `Security of Internet of Things- SecurIT 2012`, organised by the Amrita University Amritapuri near here.
"People should be able to share data more easily and it should be accessible to everyone. But at the same time, it is desirable that some data like pirated content should be off the Internet," a release from Amirta University, quoting Kahn said.
To a query on propaganda being spread through social media, he said "The burden of choosing between right and wrong is on the individual."
Delivering the opening address at the conferece, Chief Information Commissioner Satyanand Mishra said it was important to ensure right to information of citizens. "We need an informed society. Whatever the technology we use, it should be made accessible to people," he said.
Vijay Bhatkar, Chairman, Board of Governors of IIT Delhi, Amrita University Vice Chancellor, Dr Venkat Rangan, Krishnasree Achuthan, Director, Department of Cyber Security, Amrita University were among those who made presentations on various related topics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur