Twitter #Music app pulled out from App Store
Washington: Twitter`s music app is reportedly being taken off the App Store officially over lack of popularity.
The Twitter #Music app attempted to harness conversations around music and artists on Twitter to create a new way to discover music.
However, the app failed to strike the right chord among users who preferred many competing music apps on the market.
According to The Verge, the app would end working for existing users on April 18th.
Twitter said that it would look for `new ways` to incorporate music into Twitter.
The #Music app was built by the team behind the music -discovery service We Are Hunted, which Twitter acquired in 2012 and subsequently shut down.
While the app integrated with popular apps like Spotify and Rdio, recommending tracks based on artists a user had followed and tweeted about, it never got much traction among mainstream users, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees