Twitter ties up with Start Sports for in-stream video service
New Delhi: Twitter today said it has tied-up with starsports.Com, allowing users of the micro-blogging site to be able to directly view videos in-stream, without leaving Twitter.
As part of the partnership, when a link to starsports.Com is tweeted, Twitter users on mobile will have the option to download the starsports.Com App and watch the video, aiding Star Sports to create a strong sports experience on digital platform, Star Sports said in a release.
Earlier this year, Star Sports India also became one of the first `handles` that viewers can follow through Twitter`s SMS service and choose to receive tweets from the account as texts, it added.
Star Sports also regularly leads innovative broadcast integration of Twitter to fuel social TV experiences, as has been evidenced during this year`s Women`s Cricket World Cup, Super Fight League and BCCI`s international matches.
Starsports.Com, which was launched in June 2013 creating India`s first multi-sport destination on digital, said the partnership with Twitter is a step forward in transforming the sports landscape on social media.
The network`s handle @starsportsindia, which was started earlier this year, already has close to 1.5 lakh followers.
The in-stream video service will be first rolled out for videos that form a part of the Sachin Memory Project - an initiative by starsports.Com to commemorate the little master`s retirement.
Over a 100 curated videos dating back to the 1980s will be made available as part of this initiative on a timeline that marks how his career has evolved, even as the world changed around him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez