Watch live streaming of Independence Day events on YouTube
New Delhi: Video-sharing site YouTube has associated with national broadcaster Doordarshan for live streaming of the 67th Indian Independence Day celebrations as well as Prime Minister`s address to the nation.
"This association will enable millions of Indians worldwide to enjoy high definition live feed on Doordarshan`s YouTube channel and get front row access to all celebrations lined up for the grand event," YouTube said in a release.
The live streaming of Independence Day celebrations, a first for YouTube, will be available on August 15 from 6:25 AM (IST) onwards, capturing the flag-hoisting ceremony by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, from the ramparts of the historic Red Fort, it added.
Users will also be able to enjoy highlight clips from the Independence Day celebrations.
Speaking on the association, Doordarshan Director General Tripurari Sharan said, "We are delighted to associate with YouTube to share the Independence Day celebrations with Indians across the globe."
Streaming Independence Day celebration live on YouTube will help Doordarshan to reach the global audience in a format which best suits today`s generation, he added.
"Our streaming of the 64th Republic Day Parade also received a tremendous response with over 1 lakh views. Our objective is to cater to Indian and global audiences and take events of national importance beyond their TV screens," he said.
"This is the first time we`re live streaming India`s Independence Day celebrations and hope that our users will enjoy the telecast wherever they’re in the world," YouTube Director (Content Partnerships) Gautam Anand said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...