Watch live streaming of Independence Day events on YouTube
New Delhi: Video-sharing site YouTube has associated with national broadcaster Doordarshan for live streaming of the 67th Indian Independence Day celebrations as well as Prime Minister`s address to the nation.
"This association will enable millions of Indians worldwide to enjoy high definition live feed on Doordarshan`s YouTube channel and get front row access to all celebrations lined up for the grand event," YouTube said in a release.
The live streaming of Independence Day celebrations, a first for YouTube, will be available on August 15 from 6:25 AM (IST) onwards, capturing the flag-hoisting ceremony by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, from the ramparts of the historic Red Fort, it added.
Users will also be able to enjoy highlight clips from the Independence Day celebrations.
Speaking on the association, Doordarshan Director General Tripurari Sharan said, "We are delighted to associate with YouTube to share the Independence Day celebrations with Indians across the globe."
Streaming Independence Day celebration live on YouTube will help Doordarshan to reach the global audience in a format which best suits today`s generation, he added.
"Our streaming of the 64th Republic Day Parade also received a tremendous response with over 1 lakh views. Our objective is to cater to Indian and global audiences and take events of national importance beyond their TV screens," he said.
"This is the first time we`re live streaming India`s Independence Day celebrations and hope that our users will enjoy the telecast wherever they’re in the world," YouTube Director (Content Partnerships) Gautam Anand said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata