2500 participate in Olympic Day run in Mizoram
Aizawl: An "Olympic Day Run" was organized on Saturday in Mizoram`s capital Aizawl to celebrate the setting up of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on this day in 1894.
Over 2,500 sports persons and runners participated in the colourful run, organised by the Mizoram State Olympic Association (MSOA).
"Through sports, youths of the northeast will show their talents and skill while people of different ethnic groups and castes will come closer," said Mizoram Chief Minister and MSOA president Lal Thanhawla while addressing the gathering at the famous Assam Rifles Ground.
MSOA senior Vice-President and Mizoram Sports Minister Zodintluanga urged Mizo youths to dedicate themselves to place the mountainous state in the national and international sports arena in a bigger way.
Olympic Day Run is an international Olympic movement activity promoting mass participation of people in sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'