2500 participate in Olympic Day run in Mizoram
Aizawl: An "Olympic Day Run" was organized on Saturday in Mizoram`s capital Aizawl to celebrate the setting up of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on this day in 1894.
Over 2,500 sports persons and runners participated in the colourful run, organised by the Mizoram State Olympic Association (MSOA).
"Through sports, youths of the northeast will show their talents and skill while people of different ethnic groups and castes will come closer," said Mizoram Chief Minister and MSOA president Lal Thanhawla while addressing the gathering at the famous Assam Rifles Ground.
MSOA senior Vice-President and Mizoram Sports Minister Zodintluanga urged Mizo youths to dedicate themselves to place the mountainous state in the national and international sports arena in a bigger way.
Olympic Day Run is an international Olympic movement activity promoting mass participation of people in sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'