2500 participate in Olympic Day run in Mizoram
Aizawl: An "Olympic Day Run" was organized on Saturday in Mizoram`s capital Aizawl to celebrate the setting up of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on this day in 1894.
Over 2,500 sports persons and runners participated in the colourful run, organised by the Mizoram State Olympic Association (MSOA).
"Through sports, youths of the northeast will show their talents and skill while people of different ethnic groups and castes will come closer," said Mizoram Chief Minister and MSOA president Lal Thanhawla while addressing the gathering at the famous Assam Rifles Ground.
MSOA senior Vice-President and Mizoram Sports Minister Zodintluanga urged Mizo youths to dedicate themselves to place the mountainous state in the national and international sports arena in a bigger way.
Olympic Day Run is an international Olympic movement activity promoting mass participation of people in sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai