27 Assam police officials chargesheeted
Guwahati: The CBI has chargesheeted 27 Assam
Police for their alleged involvement in the multi-crore rupees
scandal in the appointment of constables in the 10th Assam
CBI sources said here on Sunday that the chargesheet was
filed earlier this week for anomalies found in 2007 in the
appointment procedure and siphoning off of about Rs 19 crore
in fake appointments from 2001 to 2006.
Among the chargesheeted were three retired IPS
officers - Paresh Neog, Indrakanta Gogoi and Jiban Singh for
being allegedly involved in the scandal, the sources said.
The case was handed over to CBI in 2009 following
which the central probe agency grilled several police
officials and at least seven IPS officers.
The scam is being investigated by the anti-corruption
wing of CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert