80 per cent voting in NC Hills Autonomous Council polls
Haflong (Assam): Over 80 per cent votes were cast in the 11th N C Hills Autonomous Council election in Assam`s Dima Hasao district which was held peacefully amidst tight security.
The election will decide the fate of 138 candidates for the 28 Member of Autonomous Council seats.
Polling was held in 200 polling stations across the district which has a total electorate of 1,21,297 voters.
Election office sources said the polling was peaceful with no untoward incident reported from any part.
Former insurgent leaders of the Dima Hasao Daogah- Nunisa (DHD-N) and DHD(Jewel), besides Congress, BJP, Indigenous People Party, Dima Hasao Dol and Independents are in the fray.
Counting of votes will be held on May 24, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis