Another Naga outfit signs ceasefire pact
New Delhi: The Kitovi-Khole faction of the Naga Socialist Council of Nagalim (NSCN) has signed the ceasefire agreement with the Centre, but refused give up its arms before a final solution to the decades old Indo-Naga issue is reached.
Addressing media here, N Kitovi Zhimoni, the Ato Kilonser (Prime Minister) of the government of the People`s Republic of Nagaland (GPRN) -NSCN said: "We are ready to resolve all issues peacefully with the GoI (Government of India) within a democratic framework.”
The year-long ceasefire came into effect from April 28 and a formal announcement of the peace talks is expected soon.
Supervisor C Singson and “Lt. Gen” NB Neokpao signed on behalf of the NSCN outfit, while Shambhu Singh, Joint Secretary (North East) in the Ministry of Home Affairs, signed on behalf of the government.
Earlier on Friday, Joint Secretary Singh revealed that the Centre is positive about the outcome of the discussions that have taken place so far.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!