Another Naga outfit signs ceasefire pact
New Delhi: The Kitovi-Khole faction of the Naga Socialist Council of Nagalim (NSCN) has signed the ceasefire agreement with the Centre, but refused give up its arms before a final solution to the decades old Indo-Naga issue is reached.
Addressing media here, N Kitovi Zhimoni, the Ato Kilonser (Prime Minister) of the government of the People`s Republic of Nagaland (GPRN) -NSCN said: "We are ready to resolve all issues peacefully with the GoI (Government of India) within a democratic framework.”
The year-long ceasefire came into effect from April 28 and a formal announcement of the peace talks is expected soon.
Supervisor C Singson and “Lt. Gen” NB Neokpao signed on behalf of the NSCN outfit, while Shambhu Singh, Joint Secretary (North East) in the Ministry of Home Affairs, signed on behalf of the government.
Earlier on Friday, Joint Secretary Singh revealed that the Centre is positive about the outcome of the discussions that have taken place so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah