Arunachal CM appreciates Dikshit for ensuring safety of NE students
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has appreciated Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s efforts for ensuring the safety of youths, especially students and working women, of the north eastern region staying in the national capital.
A special police cell for the safety and security of north eastern youth formed last year has greatly strengthened the security apparatus for the youth of the north eastern region in the National Capital Region, Tuki said while addressing the closing ceremony of two day Northeast Festival at New Delhi yesterday, official sources said on Sunday.
The Delhi government, he said, has provided land for building hostels for ladies in Delhi University and a northeast hostel at JNU.
He also informed that the Delhi Chief Minister has assured them of providing land for building a separate North East Cultural Centre in Delhi.
On the feeling of insecurity of youths outside the north eastern region, Tuki said "These insecurities are sometimes fuelled by anti-social elements and we should not let ourselves be overpowered by these forces".
Emphasising the role of youth as "very significant" in shaping the future of the country, Tuki said, "It is inevitable that we need to focus our energy to nurture the youth and make them capable of driving our region and country forward."
"Ours is a region which gives the highest regard to cultural sensitivity and has strong socio-cultural and moral traditions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list