Arunachal CM mourns death of gang-rape victim
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki joined the nation in mourning the death of 23-year-old gang-rape victim in New Delhi.
In a statement today, Tuki said, "This is really saddening. My heart goes out for the brave girl and her family members, particularly the parents who had pinned high hopes on her like in every family."
"Let this be a wake-up moment for all of us. Let us resolve to make a better society where women share equal rights and respect," he said.
The chief minister called for exemplary punishment to the guilty and extended support for stricter laws for crimes committed against women.
Tuki said similar incidents that violate the rights of women or their modesty would not be tolerated in his state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister