Arunachal CM mourns death of gang-rape victim
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki joined the nation in mourning the death of 23-year-old gang-rape victim in New Delhi.
In a statement today, Tuki said, "This is really saddening. My heart goes out for the brave girl and her family members, particularly the parents who had pinned high hopes on her like in every family."
"Let this be a wake-up moment for all of us. Let us resolve to make a better society where women share equal rights and respect," he said.
The chief minister called for exemplary punishment to the guilty and extended support for stricter laws for crimes committed against women.
Tuki said similar incidents that violate the rights of women or their modesty would not be tolerated in his state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!