Arunachal CM mourns death of gang-rape victim
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki joined the nation in mourning the death of 23-year-old gang-rape victim in New Delhi.
In a statement today, Tuki said, "This is really saddening. My heart goes out for the brave girl and her family members, particularly the parents who had pinned high hopes on her like in every family."
"Let this be a wake-up moment for all of us. Let us resolve to make a better society where women share equal rights and respect," he said.
The chief minister called for exemplary punishment to the guilty and extended support for stricter laws for crimes committed against women.
Tuki said similar incidents that violate the rights of women or their modesty would not be tolerated in his state.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!
- Murtaza Ahmedi: 5-year-old Lionel Messi fan's family forced to leave Afghanistan after threat calls
- SEAL death shows growing risks US troops face in Iraq, Syria
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!