Arunachal CM urges ITBP to develop border areas
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has exhorted the Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) authorities to develop border areas and work in the interest of Arunachalees living in border areas while guarding the frontier.
The CM’s exhortation came when ITBP inspector general RK Saini accompanied by DIG Ajay Pal Singh and sector commandant Manish Kataria called on the former in his office chamber here yesterday, official sources informed today.
While discussing matters relating to Sino-Indian border areas where the ITBP has replaced the Assam Rifles since 2004, Tuki lauded the yeoman’s service of the force in the tough and hilly terrain and said he had visited the last border posts, including Lumla, Bumla Pass, Lada, Damin, Sarli, Huri, Taksing, Mechuka, Yarlung, Monigong, Tuting and Damben and was aware of the hardship in those areas.
Considering the hardship of the people, he said he had announced a circle headquarters at Damben in Dibang Valley district and an amount of Rupees One crore was earmarked for its development.
Saini informed that ITBP has been taking up various programmes, including supplying essential material, solar lights, books, bags, furniture to schools, conducting medical camps and providing free medicines under BADP and civic action programmes as the central government has an avowed policy for the development of the sensitive border state.
When the CM asked about the recruitment policy, Saini disclosed that about 200 youths have been recruited from the border districts under a special drive after the youths were trained.
He suggested that mini and micro hydel and wind mill projects could be feasible which would be of mutual interest for the force as well as the locals.
I have been apprising the defence and home ministers about various inherent problems of the state and proposal sent by the ITBP would receive the Centre’s nod, the CM informed.
The ITBP officers earlier on the day called on Governor Nirbhay Sharma at Raj Bhawan here, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state