Arunachal gets award for devolution of power to panchayats
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh has been chosen for national award for devolution of powers to the three-tier panchayati raj system under the Rajiv Gandhi Panchayat Sashastikaran Abhiyan (RGPSA) for the years 2013 and 2014.
The Union Ministry of Panchayat Raj, RGPSA division announced the award amounting to Rs 1 crore each for five states, namely Maharashtra (first), Kerala (second), Karnataka (third), Andhra Pradesh (fourth) and Arunachal (fifth), an official release said here on Thursday.
The process was initiated by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki in February 2013 by delegating functions of 25 of the 29 departments to the panchayats.
"This is in tune with the party`s commitment to the masses to fulfill former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi`s dream to hand over power to the people to for self-governance and speedy development," APCC President Padi Richo said, adding this is the beginning and many more promises made would be fulfilled accordingly.
Arunchal Pradesh Panchayati Raj Coordination Committee Secretary General Sangha Tagik lauded the CM for his initiative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you