Arunachal studying Mizoram`s NLUP project
Aizawl: The Nabam Tuki government in Arunachal Pradesh is studying Mizoram Chief Minister`s New Land Use Policy being implemented in Mizoram as it wants to implement NLUP like projects in Arunachal Pradesh.
An official statement on Tuesday said that Arunachal Pradesh State Land Use Board Director Joram Puppa was in Aizawl to study how the Mizoram government implemented the New Land Use Policy (NLUP), the flagship programme of the Congress government.
The statement said that Puppa met R. Selthuama, Chairman of the NLUP Implementing Board, officials of the NLUP Marketing Cell and line department on Monday.
Lal Thanhawla instructed the NLUP Implementing Board officials and all the other people involved in the implementation of the NLUP to extend all possible cooperation to Puppa.
Puppa said that the Arunachal Pradesh government wanted to implement the NLUP-like project called the Integrated Socio-Economic Programme` in that state and had approached the Planning Commission and the Central leaders for funding.
He asked the Mizoram government to enlighten him so that the Arunachal Pradesh government would smoothly implement the programme, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed