Arunachal urges Centre for tourism development
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh has urged the Centre for development of tourism in the state, particularly in the area of infrastructure, capacity building and marketing.
State Tourism Minister Pema Khandu accompanied by a team of officials from the department called on Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay in New Delhi yesterday and discussed the strategy and plan for development and promotion of tourism in the state, official sources here said today.
A memorandum was also submitted to the minister seeking special attention for development of tourism, sources said.
Sahay assured the delegation of all possible support and assistance for making Arunachal a premium tourist destination of the country, sources informed.
The Tourism ministry has decided to provide cent per cent financial support under the Hunar Se Rojgar Tak scheme for skill development of Class VIII passed drop-out students for 6 to 8 week training under various tourism activities.
A target of 500 trainees has been fixed by the Ministry,? Sahay told the delegation.
He also decided to invite Arunachal to participate in the various tourism road shows being organized outside the country for marketing the state?s tourism products.
Khandu also invited Sahay to visit Arunachal Pradesh with his team, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!