Arunachal urges Centre for tourism development
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh has urged the Centre for development of tourism in the state, particularly in the area of infrastructure, capacity building and marketing.
State Tourism Minister Pema Khandu accompanied by a team of officials from the department called on Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay in New Delhi yesterday and discussed the strategy and plan for development and promotion of tourism in the state, official sources here said today.
A memorandum was also submitted to the minister seeking special attention for development of tourism, sources said.
Sahay assured the delegation of all possible support and assistance for making Arunachal a premium tourist destination of the country, sources informed.
The Tourism ministry has decided to provide cent per cent financial support under the Hunar Se Rojgar Tak scheme for skill development of Class VIII passed drop-out students for 6 to 8 week training under various tourism activities.
A target of 500 trainees has been fixed by the Ministry,? Sahay told the delegation.
He also decided to invite Arunachal to participate in the various tourism road shows being organized outside the country for marketing the state?s tourism products.
Khandu also invited Sahay to visit Arunachal Pradesh with his team, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees