Arunachal urges Centre for tourism development
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh has urged the Centre for development of tourism in the state, particularly in the area of infrastructure, capacity building and marketing.
State Tourism Minister Pema Khandu accompanied by a team of officials from the department called on Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay in New Delhi yesterday and discussed the strategy and plan for development and promotion of tourism in the state, official sources here said today.
A memorandum was also submitted to the minister seeking special attention for development of tourism, sources said.
Sahay assured the delegation of all possible support and assistance for making Arunachal a premium tourist destination of the country, sources informed.
The Tourism ministry has decided to provide cent per cent financial support under the Hunar Se Rojgar Tak scheme for skill development of Class VIII passed drop-out students for 6 to 8 week training under various tourism activities.
A target of 500 trainees has been fixed by the Ministry,? Sahay told the delegation.
He also decided to invite Arunachal to participate in the various tourism road shows being organized outside the country for marketing the state?s tourism products.
Khandu also invited Sahay to visit Arunachal Pradesh with his team, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!