Assam asks BSF to intensify vigil on border
Guwahati: With nation-wide census operations
starting on Thursday, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has
instructed BSF to tighten vigil along the Indo-Bangla border
and check for any attempt by illegal migrants to enlist their
name in the National Population Register.
"We have instructed the BSF, guarding the porous
Indo-Bangla border to intensify vigil so that infiltrators are
prevented from registering their names in the census," Gogoi
told reporters here today.
He asked the authorities concerned that no names of
genuine citizens should be left out in the census.
Asking people to cooperate in the census operations,
Gogoi said he hoped it would help in successfully implementing
various developmental programmes launched by the government as
the needs of the people and their numbers in a particular area
will be known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday