Assam Governor donates a month`s salary
Guwahati: Assam Governor J B Patnaik has donated his one month`s salary to the Uttarakhand Disaster Relief Fund.
Patnaik, who is currently in New Delhi, has made the contribution for the victims of the flood-ravaged Himalayan state, an official release said here on Tuesday.
Earlier, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi along with his ministers, Parliamentary Secretaries and Congress MLAs had announced their decision to donate one month`s salary for the cause.
Assam government has also announced financial assistance of Rs one crore to Uttarakhand government for relief and rehabilitation of the flood-hit people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes