Assam govt to present white paper on development
Guwahati: Accused by the opposition of failure to bring in development, the ruling Congress party in Assam Tuesday said it will table in the assembly session next month a white paper on the state`s development activities and move a special motion to discuss the progress card of the government.
This was decided at the Business Advisory Committee meeting of the Assam assembly Tuesday.
The decision was taken following a verbal war between the ruling party and the main opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) - both accusing each other of failure on all fronts.
"We challenged the AGP to move a motion in the assembly to debate on the development activities in the state. The opposition refused to take up the challenge and so we decided to move the motion and hold a special debate," Assam government spokesperson and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma told reporters.
The five-day assembly session begins July 12.
"We shall first submit a white paper on the development activities on July 13, then hold a special debate on July 14 and the next day the chief minister would reply to the debate," Sarma said.
The debate and the chief minister`s reply would be telecast live.
Earlier, the AGP charged the Congress government of failing on all fronts, which provoked the ruling party to move a special motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!