Assam govt to present white paper on development
Guwahati: Accused by the opposition of failure to bring in development, the ruling Congress party in Assam Tuesday said it will table in the assembly session next month a white paper on the state`s development activities and move a special motion to discuss the progress card of the government.
This was decided at the Business Advisory Committee meeting of the Assam assembly Tuesday.
The decision was taken following a verbal war between the ruling party and the main opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) - both accusing each other of failure on all fronts.
"We challenged the AGP to move a motion in the assembly to debate on the development activities in the state. The opposition refused to take up the challenge and so we decided to move the motion and hold a special debate," Assam government spokesperson and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma told reporters.
The five-day assembly session begins July 12.
"We shall first submit a white paper on the development activities on July 13, then hold a special debate on July 14 and the next day the chief minister would reply to the debate," Sarma said.
The debate and the chief minister`s reply would be telecast live.
Earlier, the AGP charged the Congress government of failing on all fronts, which provoked the ruling party to move a special motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried