Assam ministers set up records in assembly election
Guwahati: Assam Health Minister Himanta
Biswa Sarmah and education minister Gautam Bora have created
records of winning by the highest and the lowest margins
respectively in the just-concluded assembly polls.
The health minister won from Jalukbari constituency for
the third consecutive time by a record margin of 77,371 votes,
defeating his nearest BJP rival Prodyut Kumar Bora.
On the other hand, education minister Gautam Bora scraped
through from Batadroba for the third time straight by the
lowest margin of 135 votes against his AIUDF rival Matiur
In both the constituencies, there were nine candidates
in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’