Assam ministers set up records in assembly election
Guwahati: Assam Health Minister Himanta
Biswa Sarmah and education minister Gautam Bora have created
records of winning by the highest and the lowest margins
respectively in the just-concluded assembly polls.
The health minister won from Jalukbari constituency for
the third consecutive time by a record margin of 77,371 votes,
defeating his nearest BJP rival Prodyut Kumar Bora.
On the other hand, education minister Gautam Bora scraped
through from Batadroba for the third time straight by the
lowest margin of 135 votes against his AIUDF rival Matiur
In both the constituencies, there were nine candidates
in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore