Assam ministers set up records in assembly election
Guwahati: Assam Health Minister Himanta
Biswa Sarmah and education minister Gautam Bora have created
records of winning by the highest and the lowest margins
respectively in the just-concluded assembly polls.
The health minister won from Jalukbari constituency for
the third consecutive time by a record margin of 77,371 votes,
defeating his nearest BJP rival Prodyut Kumar Bora.
On the other hand, education minister Gautam Bora scraped
through from Batadroba for the third time straight by the
lowest margin of 135 votes against his AIUDF rival Matiur
In both the constituencies, there were nine candidates
in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress