Assam: Postal ballot facility for ex-ultras in designated camps
Guwahati: The Election Commission has
notified that the ex-militants lodged in their designated
camps in Assam with their names in the electoral rolls are
entitled to vote by Postal Ballot.
In order to implement the Postal Ballot facility to
the former insurgents, the EC decided that the Assistant
Returning Officers/Nodal Officers appointed for the various
camps would be responsible for providing various forms
required for the purpose to the voters in the camps, official
The RO/Nodal Officers would also be responsible for
collection of sealed envelopes containing Postal Ballot to be
dropped in the drop box of concerned assembly constituencies.
The officers will further have to ensure that the
marked postal ballots reach the Returning Officer well before
the commencement of counting of votes.
The EC gave the notification under section 60 (c) of
the Representation of People Act, 1951 and after consultation
with the Central Government, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'