BJP rejects Union minister`s statement on coal extraction
Itanagar: BJP Saturday rejected the press statement of Union Minister of state in the PMO V Narayanswami regarding extraction of coal from Namchik-Namphuk coal block and termed it as “ridiculous, presumptive and misleading”.
“If there was no scam, then as to why did the Union Ministry of Coal on May 15, 2012 write to the Coal Controller for suspension and stoppage of coal production from Namchik Namphuk? Why did Alok Perti, secretary, ministry of coal on May 15 in a letter to Chief Secretary direct him to stop mining in Namchik-Namphuk coal block immediately,” the Arunachal Pradesh unit of the party questioned in a statement issued today.
Narayansami during a press conference here on September 12 last claimed that there was no violation of the Coal Mines (Nationalization) Act, 1973, during extraction and marketing of coal in Arunachal Pradesh.
The party also demanded a white paper on the present status of the establishment of thermal power plants in the state besides the entire facts about coal mining.
BJP national general secretary Tapir Gao in a press conference last week alleged that the Congress government in Arunachal Pradesh was violating guidelines in extracting coal from the Namchik-Namphuk coal block in Changlang district in connivance with a coal company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss