Blackmailed by MMS, girl commits suicide
Siliguri: A polytechnic student here
committed suicide after she was being blackmailed by a college
mate who shot an obscene video of her and circulated it as an
MMS, police said today.
The girl, studying in first-year, had lodged an FIR on
September 18 with the Siliguri police, claiming that her
senior Aninda Garai took her to a private boarding, where he
stayed, for helping her with some drawings.
According to the FIR, she was given a soft drink laced
with drugs by Aninda, who later shot an obscene video of the
He, later started forcing her to marry him, saying he
would make the clip public if she refused.
When she refused, Aninda circulated the five-minute MMS
among other students, she said in the FIR.
"The police failed to provide any relief even after a
month," the girl`s father Nilu Saha alleged after she
committed suicide on Wednesday.
Darjeeling Superintendent of Police D P Singh told
reporters that Aninda was absconding and a police team had
been sent to his village at Maheshpur under Sonamukhi police
station in Bankura district.
Meanwhile, the SFI, DYFI, Chhatra Parishad and Trinamool
Chhatra Parishad have submitted a memorandum to Additional
Superintendent of Police Gaurav Sharma demanding Aninda`s
arrest and seizure of the video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network