Blackmailed by MMS, girl commits suicide
Siliguri: A polytechnic student here
committed suicide after she was being blackmailed by a college
mate who shot an obscene video of her and circulated it as an
MMS, police said today.
The girl, studying in first-year, had lodged an FIR on
September 18 with the Siliguri police, claiming that her
senior Aninda Garai took her to a private boarding, where he
stayed, for helping her with some drawings.
According to the FIR, she was given a soft drink laced
with drugs by Aninda, who later shot an obscene video of the
He, later started forcing her to marry him, saying he
would make the clip public if she refused.
When she refused, Aninda circulated the five-minute MMS
among other students, she said in the FIR.
"The police failed to provide any relief even after a
month," the girl`s father Nilu Saha alleged after she
committed suicide on Wednesday.
Darjeeling Superintendent of Police D P Singh told
reporters that Aninda was absconding and a police team had
been sent to his village at Maheshpur under Sonamukhi police
station in Bankura district.
Meanwhile, the SFI, DYFI, Chhatra Parishad and Trinamool
Chhatra Parishad have submitted a memorandum to Additional
Superintendent of Police Gaurav Sharma demanding Aninda`s
arrest and seizure of the video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka