Blackmailed by MMS, girl commits suicide
Siliguri: A polytechnic student here
committed suicide after she was being blackmailed by a college
mate who shot an obscene video of her and circulated it as an
MMS, police said today.
The girl, studying in first-year, had lodged an FIR on
September 18 with the Siliguri police, claiming that her
senior Aninda Garai took her to a private boarding, where he
stayed, for helping her with some drawings.
According to the FIR, she was given a soft drink laced
with drugs by Aninda, who later shot an obscene video of the
He, later started forcing her to marry him, saying he
would make the clip public if she refused.
When she refused, Aninda circulated the five-minute MMS
among other students, she said in the FIR.
"The police failed to provide any relief even after a
month," the girl`s father Nilu Saha alleged after she
committed suicide on Wednesday.
Darjeeling Superintendent of Police D P Singh told
reporters that Aninda was absconding and a police team had
been sent to his village at Maheshpur under Sonamukhi police
station in Bankura district.
Meanwhile, the SFI, DYFI, Chhatra Parishad and Trinamool
Chhatra Parishad have submitted a memorandum to Additional
Superintendent of Police Gaurav Sharma demanding Aninda`s
arrest and seizure of the video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- China, North Korea envoys hold talks in Laos
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab