Chamling to contest assembly polls from Yangang
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling, who is seeking a straight fifth term in office, will contest from Rangang-Yangang Assembly seat, from where he entered electoral politics 32 years ago.
Chamling had started his career in politics from Yangang village in 1982 and was elected to the Yangang Gram Panchayat.
Two years later, he contested the Assembly elections from Damthang and has been an MLA ever since.
Chamling, the President of the ruling Sikkim Democratic Front, will also contest from Namchi-Singhithang.
Launching the campaign from West district, the party President said SDF was a democratic party which was successful in maintaining peace and security of the people for the past twenty years and this would not go in vain.
He also levelled a series of allegations against his former cabinet colleague and current opposition leader, PS Tamang Golay and his party, the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha.
He claimed that the new party did not have any agenda of its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened