Chamling to contest assembly polls from Yangang
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling, who is seeking a straight fifth term in office, will contest from Rangang-Yangang Assembly seat, from where he entered electoral politics 32 years ago.
Chamling had started his career in politics from Yangang village in 1982 and was elected to the Yangang Gram Panchayat.
Two years later, he contested the Assembly elections from Damthang and has been an MLA ever since.
Chamling, the President of the ruling Sikkim Democratic Front, will also contest from Namchi-Singhithang.
Launching the campaign from West district, the party President said SDF was a democratic party which was successful in maintaining peace and security of the people for the past twenty years and this would not go in vain.
He also levelled a series of allegations against his former cabinet colleague and current opposition leader, PS Tamang Golay and his party, the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha.
He claimed that the new party did not have any agenda of its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?