Chamling to contest assembly polls from Yangang
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling, who is seeking a straight fifth term in office, will contest from Rangang-Yangang Assembly seat, from where he entered electoral politics 32 years ago.
Chamling had started his career in politics from Yangang village in 1982 and was elected to the Yangang Gram Panchayat.
Two years later, he contested the Assembly elections from Damthang and has been an MLA ever since.
Chamling, the President of the ruling Sikkim Democratic Front, will also contest from Namchi-Singhithang.
Launching the campaign from West district, the party President said SDF was a democratic party which was successful in maintaining peace and security of the people for the past twenty years and this would not go in vain.
He also levelled a series of allegations against his former cabinet colleague and current opposition leader, PS Tamang Golay and his party, the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha.
He claimed that the new party did not have any agenda of its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown