Cong to present white paper in Assam assembly
Guwahati: The Congress government in Assam
would present a white paper in the assembly on its
achievements in comparison with its predecessor the AGP
government and said he would resign if it was proved that he
was involved in the North Cachar Hills financial scam.
The white paper would be laid in the House on July 14
and the Congress was for a thorough discussion on it, Chief
Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday told reporters.
"Our government`s performance in maintaining law and
order, development, agriculture, foreigners problem, health,
education, unemployment and every other field will be laid
before the people," he said.
The white paper will expose the poor performance of the
AGP in all fronts. "Their`s (AGP) has been the most corrupt
government, indulged in secret killings, breached freedom by
gagging the Press," Gogoi alleged.
He challenged AGP to prove that he was involved in the
North Cachar Hills financial scam. "If they can, I will resign
as chief minister and also MLA. To hide their misdeeds AGP are
harping on the N C Hills scam."
"If they have any document proving my involvement, let
them give it to the president, prime minister, people, court,
CBI or whosover," he challenged.
Gogoi criticised former governor Lt Gen (retd) S K Sinha
for refusing to grant sanction to the CBI to prosecute former
chief minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta for his alleged
involvement in the Rs 400 crore letter of Credit (LoC) scam.
"I respected him (Sinha) as the governor, but till today I
blame him for what he did. He has done the greatest injustice
to Assam by indulging a person involved in corruption," Gogoi
said adding there is no record of governors in the country not
giving permission to CBI for prosecuting chief ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place