Cong to present white paper in Assam assembly
Guwahati: The Congress government in Assam
would present a white paper in the assembly on its
achievements in comparison with its predecessor the AGP
government and said he would resign if it was proved that he
was involved in the North Cachar Hills financial scam.
The white paper would be laid in the House on July 14
and the Congress was for a thorough discussion on it, Chief
Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday told reporters.
"Our government`s performance in maintaining law and
order, development, agriculture, foreigners problem, health,
education, unemployment and every other field will be laid
before the people," he said.
The white paper will expose the poor performance of the
AGP in all fronts. "Their`s (AGP) has been the most corrupt
government, indulged in secret killings, breached freedom by
gagging the Press," Gogoi alleged.
He challenged AGP to prove that he was involved in the
North Cachar Hills financial scam. "If they can, I will resign
as chief minister and also MLA. To hide their misdeeds AGP are
harping on the N C Hills scam."
"If they have any document proving my involvement, let
them give it to the president, prime minister, people, court,
CBI or whosover," he challenged.
Gogoi criticised former governor Lt Gen (retd) S K Sinha
for refusing to grant sanction to the CBI to prosecute former
chief minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta for his alleged
involvement in the Rs 400 crore letter of Credit (LoC) scam.
"I respected him (Sinha) as the governor, but till today I
blame him for what he did. He has done the greatest injustice
to Assam by indulging a person involved in corruption," Gogoi
said adding there is no record of governors in the country not
giving permission to CBI for prosecuting chief ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands