Cong to present white paper in Assam assembly
Guwahati: The Congress government in Assam
would present a white paper in the assembly on its
achievements in comparison with its predecessor the AGP
government and said he would resign if it was proved that he
was involved in the North Cachar Hills financial scam.
The white paper would be laid in the House on July 14
and the Congress was for a thorough discussion on it, Chief
Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday told reporters.
"Our government`s performance in maintaining law and
order, development, agriculture, foreigners problem, health,
education, unemployment and every other field will be laid
before the people," he said.
The white paper will expose the poor performance of the
AGP in all fronts. "Their`s (AGP) has been the most corrupt
government, indulged in secret killings, breached freedom by
gagging the Press," Gogoi alleged.
He challenged AGP to prove that he was involved in the
North Cachar Hills financial scam. "If they can, I will resign
as chief minister and also MLA. To hide their misdeeds AGP are
harping on the N C Hills scam."
"If they have any document proving my involvement, let
them give it to the president, prime minister, people, court,
CBI or whosover," he challenged.
Gogoi criticised former governor Lt Gen (retd) S K Sinha
for refusing to grant sanction to the CBI to prosecute former
chief minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta for his alleged
involvement in the Rs 400 crore letter of Credit (LoC) scam.
"I respected him (Sinha) as the governor, but till today I
blame him for what he did. He has done the greatest injustice
to Assam by indulging a person involved in corruption," Gogoi
said adding there is no record of governors in the country not
giving permission to CBI for prosecuting chief ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey