Cong to present white paper in Assam assembly
Guwahati: The Congress government in Assam
would present a white paper in the assembly on its
achievements in comparison with its predecessor the AGP
government and said he would resign if it was proved that he
was involved in the North Cachar Hills financial scam.
The white paper would be laid in the House on July 14
and the Congress was for a thorough discussion on it, Chief
Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday told reporters.
"Our government`s performance in maintaining law and
order, development, agriculture, foreigners problem, health,
education, unemployment and every other field will be laid
before the people," he said.
The white paper will expose the poor performance of the
AGP in all fronts. "Their`s (AGP) has been the most corrupt
government, indulged in secret killings, breached freedom by
gagging the Press," Gogoi alleged.
He challenged AGP to prove that he was involved in the
North Cachar Hills financial scam. "If they can, I will resign
as chief minister and also MLA. To hide their misdeeds AGP are
harping on the N C Hills scam."
"If they have any document proving my involvement, let
them give it to the president, prime minister, people, court,
CBI or whosover," he challenged.
Gogoi criticised former governor Lt Gen (retd) S K Sinha
for refusing to grant sanction to the CBI to prosecute former
chief minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta for his alleged
involvement in the Rs 400 crore letter of Credit (LoC) scam.
"I respected him (Sinha) as the governor, but till today I
blame him for what he did. He has done the greatest injustice
to Assam by indulging a person involved in corruption," Gogoi
said adding there is no record of governors in the country not
giving permission to CBI for prosecuting chief ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read